Astrid Donnellan, Ornamental Artist, specializes in restoration of antique clock dials and reverse paintings on glass.
This dial was burned in a fire.
From photographs, dial was reproduced
Background: Astrid has been researching, restoring and lecturing on English and American Decorative Arts since 1966. Her expertise in restoration, conservation and reproducton is considered one of the best in the country. Collectors and antiquarians of horological pieces depend on her knowledge
and experience in this particular field. She is schooled in the traditional fine arts techniques and offers true restoration.
Her reproduction pieces have won awards for technique
and authenticity. (See before and after pictures below).
- Historical Societies throughout New England and Horological dealers and collectors throughout the Country and Canadian Provinces
- Willard Homestead, Grafton, MA
- U. S. Custom House Tower Clock. Boston, MA
- National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. Columbia, PA
- American Clock Museum. Bristol, CT
- Certified Teacher and Master Craftsman for The Historical Society of Early American Decoration
- American Folk Art Museum. New York, NY
PLEASE VISIT OUR NEXT PAGE “WHAT WE DO” FOR SPECTACULAR SAMPLES OF OUR WORK